written by Ellen M. Rohr
Anna Jindra was born 05 Apr 1870 in Town of Kossuth, Manitowoc County, Wisconsin, and died 19 Apr 1943 in Holy Family Hospital, Manitowoc, Manitowoc County, Wisconsin. She married Wencel Tuma, 08 Aug 1888, son of Vaclav Tuma and Anna Kohout. He was born Feb 1868 in the town of Cooperstown, Manitowoc County, Wis.
The picture to the left shows Anna (Jindra) Tuma standing. Grandma (Mary Krcmarik) Jindra sitting. Lillian (Tuma) Radey sitting with Baby Eva (Lillian’s first daughter) in her lap. Click on the photo for a larger image.
Wencel grew up on his father’s farm in sections 24 and 26 Cooperstown Township. The family attended St. Wenceslaus Catholic Church in Greenstreet , which was a short distance south of the farm. Wencel later purchased the farm from his parents.
Wencel died 9 Jun 1931 and was buried in Greenstreet (St. Wencelaus) Cemetery. By the time Anna died in 1943 burials were no longer taking place at Greenstreet. Anna was buried in Holy Cross Catholic Cemetery (also known as Mishicot Public Cemetery).
Children of Anna Jindra and Wencel Tuma are:
- Rose Mary Tuma, b. 12 Aug 1889, WI; d. 08 Jan 1966, Sonoma County, California
- Clara Tuma, b. Abt. 1890; d. Bef. 1900
- Harry John Tuma, Sr., b. 16 Aug 1892, Maribel, Town of Gibson, Manitowoc County, Wisconsin; d. 31 May 1969, Memorial Hospital, Cut Bank, Glacier County, Montana.
- Lillian Alice Tuma, b. 03 Nov 1894, Town of Gibson, Manitowoc County, Wisconsin; d. 17 Nov 1980, Holy Family Hospital, Manitowoc, Manitowoc County, Wisconsin.
- Louis Tuma, b. 21 Jun 1897, Wisconsin; d. 20 Apr 1981, Kalispell, Flathead County, Montana.
- Elsie Anna Tuma, b. 09 Aug 1899; d. 22 Nov 1921
- Adolph Vincent Tuma, b. 19 Jul 1903, Town of Gibson, Manitowoc County, Wisconsin; d. 07 Apr 1974, Two Rivers Municipal Hospital, Two Rivers, Wisconsin.
- Doolan Daniel Tuma, b. . 19 Jun 1906, Manitowoc County, Wisconsin; d. 15 Jul 1977, Two Rivers Community Hospital, Two Rivers, Wisconsin.
- Arnold Archibald Tuma, 03 Jun 1909, Mishicot, Wisconsin; d. 15 Jun 1973, Memorial Hospital, Glacier County, MT.
- Viola Mabel Tuma, b. 24 May 1911; d. 27 Mar 1984, Manitowoc County, WI
- Esther Anna Tuma, b. Jun 1914; d. Jun 1914.