The Family of Tina Schmidt
Tina Schmidt was the oldest daughter of Johann Joachim Schmidt and Dorothea Elizabeth Gartz, was born on 18 Feb 1866 in Two Rivers, Manitowoc, Wisconsin, USA and died in Jul 1932 at age 66. Her given name was Christina Maria Schmidt. Christina married Herman Luebke. Herman was born on 30 Apr 1862 in Germany and died on 2 Oct 1931 at age 69. They had five children: Matilda, Erna, Arthur John, Freida, and Altha.
Herman came to American in 1870. The couple are buried in Pioneer Rest Cemetery in Two Rivers.
Children of Tina and Herman:
- Matilda Luebke was born on 19 May 1887 in Wisconsin and died on 8 Feb 1947 in Two Rivers at age 59. Matilda was also known as Tillie. She married Carl Ludwig Griep Jr., son of Carl and Lizzie Griep. Carl was born on 10 Sep 1886 in Two Rivers and died on 14 Nov 1945 in Two Rivers at age 59. They had two children. Carl was a fisherman in 1930.
- Erna Luebke was born on 22 Jan 1890 in Wisconsin and died on 25 Jan 1978 in Two Rivers at age 88. Erna married William Griep, brother of Carl L. Griep. William was born in 1889 and died on 19 Jan 1926 at age 37. William was called Will and in 1910 he worked as a machinist.
- Arthur John Luebke was born 19 Feb 1892 or 1893 in Two Rivers and died in Feb 1959 at age 67. He was buried at the Pioneer Rest Cemetery in Two Rivers. He worked as a Fisherman in his own business in 1917. Arthur married Anna M. Leronetz (possible Leveretz). Anna was born in 1888 in Wisconsin and died in Jan. 1968 at age 80. They had two children. The couple are buried in Pioneers Rest, Two Rivers. Their youngest son, Edward, served and died during World War II. He died Feb. 3, 1945 and was brought back to Wisconsin and buried May 26, 1948.
- Frieda Luebke was born from Aug 1895 or 1896 in Wisconsin. She died 13 Jun 1967 in Trenton, Wayne County, Michigan. Frieda married John Bernard Adler on 18 Jul 1916. They had one daughter and a son.
- Alpha Luebke was born 21 Feb 1904 (Social Security Death Index shows 1902) and died on 22 Sep 1990. Alpha was an artist often displaying her watercolor works in shows throughout the 60s and 70s. Alpha married Christian C. Wilsman on 30 May 1924. Chris was born on 21 Jul 1899 and died in Mar 1985. He was buried April 2, 1985 in Pioneers Rest Cemetery, Two Rivers. She is buried next to him. It is unknown if they had any children.