Wilhelmina (Jonas) Tess
Wilhelmina (Minnie) Jonas, daughter of Friedrich Theodor Jonas and Wilhelmine Sporleder, was born on 8 May 1892 in Two Creeks, Manitowoc, Wisconsin. Minnie married Herman Charles Louis Tess on 21 Nov 1912 in St. John’s Lutheran Church, Two Rivers. Herman was born on 17 Feb 1888.
They had six children:
- Elden Fred Tess, 1913-1988; married Dorothy Hengartner. They had four children.
- Linda Frieda Tess, (b. 1915); married 1st Edward F. Smejkal, 2nd Gilbert Robillard. Linda and Edward had three children.
- Wallace Reinhold Tess, Sr., 1920-1992; married Mildred Ruth Duwe. They had three children.
- Willard Gilbert Tess, (1921-1945 (killed in WWII) see Military section.
- Gwendola Mae Tess, (b. 1923); married Kenneth Simonar. They had three children.
- Kenneth Martin Tess, (1925-2005); served in the military; married Katherine Pisha. They had three children.
Minnie died on 12 Aug 1980 in Brussels, Door Co., WI at age 88. Herman Tess died 20 Mar 1969. They are both buried buried in Bayside Cemetery Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin.